Chorizo Creole Rice
This is a simple rice dish that is quick to put together. Once prepped the dish cooks in 30 minutes give you time to enjoy a glass of wine or play with the kids.
- 2 cups medium grain white rice
- 2 tbs cooking oil
- 2 slices of middle rasher bacon, rind removed and finely sliced
- 1 brown onion, finely sliced
- 1 small green capsicum, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or crush through a garlic crusher
- 400 g can diced tomato
- .5 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 2 small chorizo sausages, diagonally sliced
- .5 cup frozen sweet corn kernels
- 40 g baby spinach leaves
- Rinse rice under cold water until water runs clear, drain. Heat oil in pan in a large non-stick frying pan over moderate heat. Add bacon, onion, capsicum, and garlic, cook and stir for 3 minutes or until onion is soft. Stir in rice until grains are coated.
- Stir in tomato, thyme and 2 cups water, bring to the boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- While the rice is simmering, pan fry chorizo until browned. Stir into rice with corn and spinach, heat through and serve.
© 2023 Copyright Find My Dinner
Like this? Why not share it with your friends...