Thermomix Satay Chicken
Here is a great satay chicken recipe which also combines a number of healthy vegetables with a tasty satay sauce. This takes bit longer to prep and cook but is packed full of flavour.
Feel free to add more vegetables to the mix if you have any lying around, beans and other greens usually work well.
You will need a Varoma, Steaming basket and spatula for this recipe.
Recipe credit: Vorwerk recipe community.
- Satay Sauce:
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp tumeric ground
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 red chilli, (seeds optional)
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 heaped tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- pinch salt
- Chicken Stir-fry:
- 600 g Chicken Thigh Diced
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 400 g Basmati or Jasmine rice
- Sauce: Place all dry spices and salt in the TM Bowl Mill for 1 min speed 10
- Place garlic and chilli in the bowl and chop for 8 secs speed 7
- Add remaining sauce ingredients and milled spices, cook for 5 mins 90deg speed 2
- Once cooked blend up, 30 sec speed 10.
- Set aside in the thermoserver
- Chicken Stir-fry & Rice: Cook rice as EDC directions - Add required amount of rice to basket. With the veggies and sliced chicken in the varoma. Place chicken in the bottom of veroma. Cook 12 - 16 mins on Varoma temp, stopping after 8 mins to stir chicken. Cook rice, chicken and veggies all together.
- Remove Rice and set aside in thermoserver.
- Continue to cook chicken for a further 5 minutes, until cooked in vermoma.
- Finally place all chicken, veggies with sauce in TM and cook 100 deg reverse operation Gentle stir setting for 5 mins.
- Serve over the rice and enjoy.
© 2023 Copyright Find My Dinner
Like this? Why not share it with your friends...