Roast Chicken Stew
Got some left over roast chicken? Then here is a perfect recipe for making sure that roast is put to good use.
You can replace the cumin with your favourite curry paste.
- 1 kg (8 small) Chicken drumsticks or remainder of a roast chicken
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tbs Cooking oil
- 550 g (3 small) Unpeeled Desiree potatoes, quartered
- 400 g can Diced tomatoes
- 400 g Borlotti beans, rinsed
- 2 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 1/3 Cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius or 180 Celsius fan forced. Place chicken in a large baking dish. Sprinkle with and pinch of salt. Drizzle with oil and turn pieces to coat. Roast for 25 mins.
- Turn over chicken. Add potato to baking dish and turn to coat with juices. Continue to raost for 15 minutes or until barely tender. Combine tomato, beans, garlic, stock cube and 2 cups hot water in a large jug. Pour over chicken mixture.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes more or until chicken and potato are tender. Stir in parsley, divide chicken among shallow serving bowl. Generously spoon over tomato sauce and beans and enjoy.
© 2023 Copyright Find My Dinner