Vietnamese Style Chicken and Broth
Category Asian Chicken Dinner Vietnamese
This is a great Vietnamese style broth which uses inexpensive ingredients including fresh vegies and two chicken thighs.
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 1 Fresh red chilli
- 1 Small piece of fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds
- Soy Sauce
- 120 g Chicken thighs x 2 Skin off
- 2 ltr Chicken (or vegetable) stock
- 1 Cabbage
- 1 Broccoli
- 1 Zucchini
- 2 Small carrots
- 1 Bunch fresh coriander
- 3 Limes
- 200 g Rice noodles
- Peel and crush the garlic cloves and add to a small bowl. Remove seeds and finely chop the chilli, then peel and finely great the ginger. Add half of the ginger to the garlic and set the other half aside for later. Add honey, sesame seeds and as splash of soy sauce into a bowl with the garlic and ginger and mix into a paste. Place the chicken on a chopping board, cover with cling wrap and bash until it's around 1/2 cm thick. Remove the cling wrap then cut the chicken into 1 cm strips. Add the chicken strips to the bowl of paste.
- Bring the stock to the boil in a large pan. Trim ends and finely shred the cabbage, peel the zucchini and carrots into ribbons and cut the broccoli into small sections then set these aside. Pick the coriander leaves and finely chop the stalks. Add the stalks and most of the lease to the stock along with the juice from two of the three limes. Add the remaining ginger to the stock, reduce to a medium heat and cook the noodles in the stock following the instructions on the packet. Add the vegies to the noodles in the last three minutes of cooking time.
- Meanwhile heat a frying pan on high and once hot add the chicken, cook until crispy golden brown.
- When the noodles and vegies are cooked but still crisp, season the broth to taste with freshly ground black pepper. Divide into 4 bowls being generous with your portions, slice the pan fried chicken and place on top of the vegies. Garnish with the remaining chilli and coriander and serve.
© 2023 Copyright Find My Dinner
Like this? Why not share it with your friends...