You can make chicken up to end of step 1 two days ahead. Set aside to cool. Place chicken in coconut cream mixture. Refrigerate until required. Barbecue chicken just before serving.
- 8 chicken thighs, skin on
- 2 x 33 g sachets ayam goreng spice mix
- 1 lemon grass stalk, cut into 3 pieces
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 270 ml coconut cream
- Long red chillies, to serve
- Heat a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium to high heat. Add chicken, spice mix, lemon grass, bay leaves and chicken stock. Bring to the boil. Boil, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until chicken changes colour. Turn chicken over. Add coconut cream. Season with pepper. Cook, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Remove chicken from pan.
- Preheat a barbecue plate or char grill on medium-high heat. Cook chicken, turning occasionally, for 20 minutes or until golden and charred.
- Using a sharp knife, cut chillies into flowers. Place in iced water for 5 minutes or until curled. Place banana leaves on a platter. Top with chicken and chillies, Serve with a side of steamed rice and enjoy!
© 2023 Copyright Find My Dinner