Use chicken breast as an alternative to tenderloins.
You can also adjust the amount of rice and/or chicken to suit how many people you are cooking for.
- 1 litre water
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable stock concentrate
- 250 g white rice
- 2 carrots, peeled into thin strips
- 1 zucchini, peeled into thin strips
- 500-600 g chicken tenderloins
- Fresh coriander
- 3 tbps creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 50-100 g cornflour
- Weigh 1000g water into bowl.
- Add 2-3 tbs vegetable stock concentrate.
- Insert steaming basket and weigh 250g rice.
- Rinse under tap rice until water runs clear.
- Place chicken tenderloins on Varoma tray and sprinkle with coriander.
- Replace lid and place Varoma dish with tray and lid into position on top.
- Cook for 17-20 minutes/Varoma/speed 2.
- After cooking time has elapsed, add sliced vegetables into the Varoma dish (keep chicken on in the tray).
- Cook for a further 5 minutes/Varoma/ speed 2 or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are cooked to your liking.
- Remove Varoma tray and set aside.
- Remove steaming basket and set aside.
- Leave enough of the remaining liquid to cover the blades - pour out the rest.
- Add creme fraiche, dijon mustard and 50g cornflour and mix 20 seconds/speed 5.
- Check consistency, add remaining cornflour if necessary and mix again 20 seconds/speed 5 or until mixed together.
- Serve chicken and vegetables on a bed of rice, drizzled with the veloute sauce.
© 2022 Copyright Find My Dinner