You can also boil any other vegetables you have available to serve along with the mash potato to add colour. For convenience you can also strip the meat off the bone before serving.
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 brown onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup (40g) plain flour, for coating
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 8 (about 1.5kg) veal osso bucco
- 1 cup (250ml) white wine
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (250ml) Campbell's Real Stock Beef
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Creamy mashed potato
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, celery and garlic to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until softened. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Season flour with salt and pepper. Coat osso bucco in flour, shaking off any excess. Heat remaining oil in the frying pan over medium-high heat. Add meat and cook for 2-3 minutes each
- Increase pan heat to high and add the wine. Boil for 2 minutes, scraping any remaining meat off the base of the pan. Stir in the tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil. Pour over the meat in the dish. Ensure the meat is covered by the liquid. Cover with a lid and cook for 1 3/4-2 hours or until the meat is very tender and the sauce thickens.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley and accompanied by the mash potato.
© 2023 Copyright Find My Dinner
Like this? Why not share it with your friends...