The Barbecue definitely gets a good run over Christmas and New Year and if you're lucky enough to be close to a good fish monger then then definitely try this fresh Barbecue Snapper recipe out. It will add a fresh dish to your family New Years day get together.
You will need 4 lots of 80cm pieces of foil and 4 lots of 60cm pieces of baking paper. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes, turning halfway, or until cooked through.
- 4 (400g each) whole baby snapper, cleaned (see note)
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 8 fresh flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- 100g butter, chopped
- Steamed baby potatoes, chopped parsley and lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat a barbecue on medium-high heat with hood closed. Rinse the fish inside and out under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towel. Make 3 shallow cuts, 1cm deep, in the thickest part of each side of the fish.
- Place 1 piece baking paper in the centre of 1 piece of foil. Repeat with remaining baking paper and foil. Place 1 fish in centre the of each.
- Divide the lemon and parsley between the fish cavities. Divide one-eighth of the butter between the cavities. Top with remaining butter. Season with salt and pepper. Bring 2 sides of foil up towards the centre the fold foil edges to create a seal. Roll up the remaining ends of foil to enclose fish.
- Barbecue the fish, with the hood closed, for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with potatoes, parsley and lemon wedges.
© 2023 Copyright Find My Dinner
Like this? Why not share it with your friends...