Thermomix Pad Thai with Chicken
Here's a great Pad Thai recipe which you can whip up in a Thermomix for those lucky enough to have one in their kitchen. Note that you can use chicken or beef mince in place of the chicken breast strips if you like.
You will need the varoma attachment for this recipe. Cut, trim and clean your coriander before adding to the Thermomix bowl with the onion and garlic.
- 50 g peanuts
- 900 g water, boiling
- 500 g Chicken breast
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Water. extra
- 1 package medium thickness Rice Noodles, (approx 350g)
- 1 package bean sprouts, (roughly 250g)
- 1 brown onion, large (approx 200g)
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 green chilli, (optional)
- 1.5 tablespoon peanut oil
- 55 g brown or coconut sugar, (Sauce Ingredient)
- 20 g soy sauce or tamari, (Sauce Ingredient)
- 60 g fish sauce, (Sauce Ingredient)
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce, (Sauce Ingredient)
- 80 g Chilli Sauce (Hot or Sweet), (Sauce Ingredient)
- fresh coriander
- Chop peanuts Sp 5 / 5s. Set aside.
- Add the boiling water to Thermomix bowl. Place a piece of baking paper onto Varoma tray after you have scrunched, wet and flattened it out.
- Cut chicken into strips and fry separately on a pan until golden brown then place strips into Varoma dish, making sure to leave a hole in the middle for steam to rise through. Pour eggs, lightly whisked with water, extra, onto baking paper in Varoma tray.
- Cook Varoma / Sp 4 / 5 min. Check omlette is cooked then remove from tray. Continue cooking chicken for another 10 min.
- Roll omlette up tightly then slice into thin strips. Once mince is cooked, break apart a little.
- Meanwhile, prepare noodles as per packet directions then drain and place into large ThermoServer along with rinsed bean sprouts and omlette strips. Cover with lid to keep warm.
- Empty water from Thermomix bowl then add onion, garlic and chilli (if using). Chop Sp 5 / 5s then scrape down.
- Add peanut oil then sauté on 90c / Sp 3 / 2min.
- Add sauce ingredients to Thermomix bowl and mix Sp 3 / 5s.
- Add chicken to Thermomix bowl and cook 90C / Sp 3 / 3min.
- Add everything to ThermoServer, add a generous sprinkle of coriander and mix well. Serve topped with chopped peanuts.
© 2023 Copyright Find My Dinner