Warm Steak Salad
Spring is here and a warm steak salad will hit the spot on a warm spring day!
You can use lamb as a substitute to beef.
- 1 bunch baby (Dutch) carrots, trimmed, peeled, halved lengthways
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 500g beef rump steak, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 100g baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup honey mustard dressing
- 1/3 cup walnuts, coarsely crumbled
- 150g fresh ricotta, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place carrots and onion on prepared tray. Drizzle with honey and 1/2 the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes or until carrots are tender, adding asparagus during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, heat a chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle beef with chilli flakes and ground coriander. Drizzle with remaining oil. Cook beef for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Arrange spinach, carrot mixture and 2/3 of the fresh coriander on serving plates. Drizzle with dressing. Thinly slice beef. Arrange over salad. Sprinkle with walnuts, ricotta and remaining coriander.
© 2023 Copyright Find My Dinner