Rump Steak with BBQ Potatoes
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 4 (150g) beef rump steaks
- 750g red rascal potatoes
- Mixed salad to serve
- Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, garlic, chilli, thyme, coriander, pepper and barbecue sauce in a small bowl.
- Place steaks in a large, shallow glass or ceramic dish. Spoon spice mixture over steak. Turn to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for about 1 hour, if time permits.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in large saucepan of boiling water for about 7 to 8 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water.
- Set aside for 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Cut diagonally into 1cm thick slices. Transfer potato to a bowl. Add remaining oil. Toss to coat.
- Heat a barbecue grill on medium-high heat. Place steaks on the grill. Season with salt. Cook steak for 4 to 5 minutes each side, for medium, or until cooked to your liking.
- Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Set aside for about 5 minutes to rest.
- Cook potato slices for about 2 minutes each side or until charred. Serve steak and potato with salad.
© 2023 Copyright Find My Dinner
Like this? Why not share it with your friends...