Smoked Salmon Risotto
This is an easy risotto dish which combines salmon with fresh greens.
You can use the whole pea itself or use just the pea without the pods, either way it adds great colour to the dish.
- 25 g butter
- 1/4 red onion, very finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, very finely chopped
- 50 ml dry white wine
- 250 g Arborio rice
- 1 litre hot chicken (or vegetable) stock
- 200 g freshly grated parmesan
- 100 g mascarpone
- 140 g frozen peas, thawed
- 10 g chopped fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- 225 g sliced smoked salmon, chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- Melt the butter in a heavy pot and gently saute the red onion and garlic until tender.
- Pour in the wine and reduce.
- Add the rice and cook until it changes colour, continually stirring.
- Add one ladle of the hot stock at a time, mixing well between each addition until it is incorporated.
- When the rice is tender, add 100 g grated parmesan with the mascarpone, peas, parsley, a little salt and ground pepper. Stir, briefly cook and taste for seasoning.
- Turn off the heat and stir through the smoked salmon.
- Serve into individual bowls and sprinkle with a little extra parmesan.
© 2023 Copyright Find My Dinner