You can use the whole pea itself or use just the pea without the pods, either way it adds great colour to the dish.
- 25 g butter
- 1/4 red onion, very finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, very finely chopped
- 50 ml dry white wine
- 250 g Arborio rice
- 1 litre hot chicken (or vegetable) stock
- 200 g freshly grated parmesan
- 100 g mascarpone
- 140 g frozen peas, thawed
- 10 g chopped fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- 225 g sliced smoked salmon, chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- Melt the butter in a heavy pot and gently saute the red onion and garlic until tender.
- Pour in the wine and reduce.
- Add the rice and cook until it changes colour, continually stirring.
- Add one ladle of the hot stock at a time, mixing well between each addition until it is incorporated.
- When the rice is tender, add 100 g grated parmesan with the mascarpone, peas, parsley, a little salt and ground pepper. Stir, briefly cook and taste for seasoning.
- Turn off the heat and stir through the smoked salmon.
- Serve into individual bowls and sprinkle with a little extra parmesan.
© 2022 Copyright Find My Dinner