Tuna and spinach mornay with Mash
Cuisine French Category Uncategorised
This is an easy tuna recipe, perfect for a summer afternoon.
- 50g Butter
- 150g (or 1 medium) brown onion
- 1/4 cup Plain flour
- 2 cups Milk (warmed)
- 150g Baby spinach leaves
- 425g Can of tuna in spring water
- 2tbsp Lemon juice
- 400g Potatoes (coarsely chopped)
- 300g Celeriac (coarsely chopped)
- 2tbsp Milk
- 30g Butter
- 1/4 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- Potato and Celeriac Mash: Boil, steam or microwave potato and celeriac separately until tender then drain. Combine the potato and celeriac in a large bowl, mash with milk and butter until smooth. Stin in cheese and cover to keep warm.
- Melt butter into a medium size saucepan, cook the onion and stir for about five minutes or until softened. Add flour and stir the mixture until it thickens and bubbles. Gradually add the milk, stir until the mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in the spinach, tuna and lemon juice.
- Preheat Grill.
- Spoon the tuna mixture into a shallow heatproof dish (which can hold 1.5 litres). Top with potato and celeriac mash. Grill until lightly golden.
- Serve and enjoy!
© 2023 Copyright Find My Dinner