A quick and easy mexican inspired meal that's fun to make.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 small brown onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 600g lean beef mince
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 long red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 400g canned red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g canned crushed tomatoes
- extra light sour cream
- Cheesy pita bread
- 4 small pita bread rounds, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup grated light/low fat tasty cheese
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 100g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Add cumin, coriander, chilli and beans. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomato. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease 2 baking trays. Line with baking paper. Place bread, in a single layer, on trays. Bake for 5 minutes or until browned and crisp. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 2 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Place ingredients in a bowl. Season with pepper. Stir to combine.
- Place pita bread on a serving plate. Top with beef mixture and guacamole. Serve with sour cream.
© 2023 Copyright Find My Dinner