Sesame Chicken with Fried Rice
This family friendly dinner is quick to prep and delicious, the sesame chicken is tender and juicy, served on a bed of fried rice.
- 1 1/2 tbs peanut oil
- 8 chicken thigh fillets
- 1/3 cup (80ml) sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 free-range eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 x 240g pkts Seeds of Change Brown Rice Pilau with a Hint of Turmeric
- 80g snow peas, halved lengthways
- 1 cup (150g) frozen broad beans, thawed, peeled
- 100g green beans, trimmed, halved lengthways if preferred
- 1 tbs sesame seeds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a roasting pan with baking paper. Heat 1 tbs of the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, in batches, for 2 mins each side or until browned. Transfer to the lined pan.
- Add sweet chilli sauce, honey and soy sauce to the frying pan. Bring to the boil. Cook for 2 mins or until the mixture reduces slightly. Drizzle over the chicken in the lined pan. Bake for 10-15 mins or until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, wipe the frying pan clean. Add the remaining oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add the egg and swirl to coat the base of the pan. Cook for 3 mins or until light golden underneath and just set. Turn onto a clean work surface. Roll into a log and thinly slice crossways. Add the rice to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until heated through. Add the snow peas, broad beans and beans and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until tender.
- Divide rice mixture among serving plates. Top with the chicken and egg. Drizzle with pan juices and sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.
© 2021 Copyright Find My Dinner